PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kris Briggs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kris Briggs

Postby MustangMan » Wed Aug 30, 2000 3:04 pm

For those of us who are out of town, can someone clarify the nature of Kris Briggs' injury? Thanks
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Re: Kris Briggs

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 30, 2000 10:03 pm

I'd like to get some clarification on that too. Is there even a real injury ? Is Cavan using this as a motivating tool for Briggs, or is Pipkens really that good?
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 30, 2000 10:04 pm

I'd like to get some clarification on that too. Is there even a real injury ? Is Cavan using this as a motivating tool for Briggs, or is Pipkens really that good?
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Aug 31, 2000 11:51 am

Briggs really is hurt. I cannot tell you how seriously or how long he will be out, but it is bad enough that he will not be starting the first game of the season. I do not think that this is just a motivating thing.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby BUS » Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:48 pm

OK, here it is. Briggs has a slight hip deformity and if you run him 10 miles it gets a little tender. I know because I just had my hip replaced and had the same thing since birth.

Many things can happen - same thing as Bo jackson - pretty good runner. As I understand, Coach has this team really in shape and briggs just went a little to hard.

Flash - Pipkens is really good!!!!

Kick'em Stangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football