PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I Know We Are Hungry.....but

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I Know We Are Hungry.....but

Postby MustangMom » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:18 pm

I know we are all hungry for a win......but MY GOSH, I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THE NEGATIVE POSTS!

Gee, it is sure easy to Monday morning coach!! GIVE COACH BENNETT AND THIS SAFF A CHANCE - AND FIVE GAMES IS NOT A CHANCE!!!

Coach Bennett is already doing some great recruiting. There are many legendary coaches that took over a team and did not win a game the first season.

The Mustangs played so much better this past game - and don't forget how well we played Tech. (a couple of fumbles, made the difference). Let's give the Mustangs some credit, stay behind the team, stay behind the coaches. Monday morning coaching or quaterbacking is all too easy.

I say there is too much rumor, grumbling, second-guessing etc. etc. That is my opinion. Let's stay positive and supportive. I think it will pay off.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Re: I Know We Are Hungry.....but

Postby click » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:16 pm

You keep saying that Bennett is a great coach what has he done in your opinion that is GREAT.Turn us away from the dark side Obewan.
click
Scout Team

Postby DTown » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:55 pm

MUSTANGMOM:
I totally agree~havent missed a game yet...see ya in the stands!

-Go 'Stangs!!!
DTown

Postby SMUguy » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:38 am

Good track record, DTown. Can you match mine? I'm using a visit to my California sister as an excuse to be in Fresno Saturday night. See you there?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby DTown » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:21 pm

hahaha actually yes i can...did you go to the Hawaii game??~i was there!!...im goin to visit a friend who goes to Fresno, so yes maybe i will see you there!

-Go 'Stangs!!!
DTown

Postby SMUguy » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:49 pm

OK, you've got me beat. I didn't make it to Hawaii. Couldn't get the time off, unfortunately.

Ever been to Fresno? I've heard it is a really ugly town. Anything to do there? (Of course, I'll be with my sister's family for most of the time, so I won't get out much.

Anyway, I'll look/listen for you in the stands.

GO PONIES!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby DTown » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:16 pm

unfortunately, yes i've been to Fresno (aka: "the armpit of California")~if that gives you any indication~ before and there is little to do there but BEAT THE BULLDOGS!!!~ha~anyways look/listen for you as well...

-Go 'Stangs!!!

[This message has been edited by DTown (edited 10-09-2002).]
DTown

Postby MustangMom » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:52 pm

He was a great coach at Kansas State - granted he was the head defensive coach and not the head coach, but the word was that he was in line to be the next head coach, when the present coach retires. K-State has not been too shabby these last few years. Plus, he is a proven recruiter!

Plus, I have met the man, and I think him to be extremely competitive, a winner, tough, a disciplinarian and honest. He wants to build a clean, by the rules, competitive program at SMU.
Plus, I have read how he has handled the tragic death of his wife. He is a great father- and has dealt with so much.

I am sure that no one hates losing more than Coach Bennett. I think he is a class act - hard nosed and tough. Let's give him a chance.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom

[This message has been edited by MustangMom (edited 10-09-2002).]
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Return to Football