PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

we suck

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

we suck

Postby grogan » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:49 am

were gonna lose this weekend
we all know it
lets just start looking to next year
or maybe the year after that
the truth hath been toldeth
grogan

Re: we suck

Postby ProudPonyMa » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:41 am

Moral, and attitude are half the game. Those kind of remarks dont belong on this board. You can find that kind of talk on the other board. These young players need boosting up, not dragging down. I feel that is at least part of the problem. The other part will come in time. We can do this.
ProudPonyMa

Postby ProudPonyMa » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:45 am

Please don't loose the game, before they've even played it.
ProudPonyMa

Postby fbdad » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProudPonyMa:
<B>Moral, and attitude are half the game. Those kind of remarks dont belong on this board. You can find that kind of talk on the other board. These young players need boosting up, not dragging down. I feel that is at least part of the problem. The other part will come in time. We can do this.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great post PPM, although I think moral and attitude are probably more than half the game and maybe contributors to some of our problems right now. Grogan looks like a refugee from the other board which has degenerated into a slam contest intermingled with so called recruiting experts.You and PPP are great contributors to this board and the program. Best of luck to you and your family...
fbdad
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:58 am

None of us are english majors here, including myself, but please...there is a difference between moral and morale. Morale is the word you folks are looking for. Hey, I ain't perfect either. Image
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ProudPonyPa » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:15 pm

PK, She meant morale. When I saw the post, I mentioned that to her. She also said loose instead of lose in the next post. Oh well. BTW, her dad has a doctorate in English, so you aren't going to teech her inything she duzn't all reddy no. Just kall her rebello...rebelyou.....rebelio.... just plain awrnry.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby ProudPonyPa » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:17 pm

And morals arn't badd too hav eeether.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby ProudPonyMa » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:27 pm

Hey,Ya'llll. Quit pickin on me. I used to be top in my spelling bees, and straight A's in English. Then I got married,and had seven kids. Now I have to rely on Sesame Street, to keep up my grades. Go easy on me. Pleese.
ProudPonyMa

Postby SHAQFU » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:36 pm

Grogan:
That kind of attitude is holding back the spirit at this school. You and your fair-weathered buddies!
SHAQFU
Scout Team

Postby PK » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:38 pm

Just trying to be helpful folks. Great reply PPP. About half the time I have to pull out a dictionary and I still screw up on even simple words.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby StangsRule38 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:00 pm

grogan- these players depend on the fans to weither they win or not! over the past 5 weeks the fans have been crazy! cheering for them weither they win or lose! It doesnt matter if u win or lose, even though it would be better if u win, it matters if u keep your head up and you've tried your hardest! and these guys will do much better next year! hey who knows they could win every game from here on out noone knows!

------------------
the 1938 National Champions!
the 1938 National Champions!
StangsRule38

Postby Horseradish » Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:46 pm

Whats this "we" stuff Kemosabe? if YOU need to find something that sucks you dont need to go any further than the bathroom mirror. Besides, I thought your name was rogers, when did you start spelling it differently?
Horseradish
Recruit

Postby MustangMom » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:17 am

I thought the Mustangs looked pretty darn good on t.v. - we just could not punch the ball in the endzone.

No way do the players deserve this title to this topic. Fresno is a really good team - and I saw our players giving their all.

How many downs have you played?? Until you can get out there and do better, why not try to get behind the team and be positive instead of negative.

If we had just givien up - that would be one thing, but we never did.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Return to Football