PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RICE GAME...Who is going?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

RICE GAME...Who is going?

Postby rogershealy » Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:26 pm

I'm goin to the game this weekend in Houston. Where should I stay and is it worth going down on Friday, hoping to go out?
Please reply.
rogershealy
Varsity

Re: RICE GAME...Who is going?

Postby SMU_Ksig_2005 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:17 pm

I'm making the trip. I'm from Kingwood (suburb North East of Houston)and I really wouldn't recommend going down the night before with the sole intention of checking out Houston's "night life." It's not good at all...
SMU_Ksig_2005<BR>AEKDB -- GO STANGS!
SMU_Ksig_2005

Postby rogershealy » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:15 am

I was afraid people were going to say that. thanks a lot for your response.what about a hotel?
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby SMU_Ksig_2005 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:54 am

I know there's lots of nice hotels down there b/c it's near the Houston Medical Center and that area.

I know for sure The Warwick Hotel is down there but that's going to run a minimum of $150 per night.

What I did to book a hotel for other away games, I went to <A HREF="http://www.travelocity.com," TARGET=_blank>www.travelocity.com,</A> went to "Lodging" and then searched for a hotel at a "Point of Interest" and put in the university name. It should come up with a list of hotels within the area.

Hope that helps!
SMU_Ksig_2005

Postby rogershealy » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:18 am

once again, thanks for the help
who are you by the way?
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby Juice » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:40 pm

If you like Dallas' nightlife, you won't have a problem with Houston's. It's not that there is a specific area that is incredible, but the sheer size difference b/w the two cities allows Houston to have a lot more cool bars. You just have to know where they are.
Juice
Scout Team

Postby SHAQFU » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:57 pm

Rogers:
Shouldn't you be worrying about studying, and catching up on your homework?
SHAQFU
Scout Team

Postby PonyExpress » Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:42 pm

In the spirit of maintaining a winning streak for the Ponies, I'm feeding my horses rice this week. If that doesn't guarantee a win, I don't know what will.
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Postby HouStang » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:33 am

Don't listen to the previous posts. Of course someone from Kingwood would say there is no Houston nightlife. There isn't anything to do in Kingwood, it is like the Grand Prarie of Dallas. Stay somewhere in the medical center or around Rice U and there is plenty to do. There are cool bars around Rice and Downtown also. For a good hotel price I would recommend doing what SMU_Ksig_2005 said, travelocity. There are tons of hotels around there.

I wouldn't miss going to Houston if I were you. You should get a bunch of your friends to go to.
HouStang
Recruit

Postby HouStang » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:33 am

Don't listen to the previous posts. Of course someone from Kingwood would say there is no Houston nightlife. There isn't anything to do in Kingwood, it is like the Grand Prarie of Dallas. Stay somewhere in the medical center or around Rice U and there is plenty to do. There are cool bars around Rice and Downtown also. For a good hotel price I would recommend doing what SMU_Ksig_2005 said, travelocity. There are tons of hotels around there.

I wouldn't miss going to Houston if I were you. You should get a bunch of your friends to go to.
HouStang
Recruit

Postby SMU_Ksig_2005 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:14 am

Haha ... well nightlife in Dallas is just ALOT better than nightlife in Houston.

Bar Houston and Have a Nice Day are fun ... down on Texas St. but other than that the clubs seem to be a lot older crowd then the 18-22 age.

Kemah is a pretty tight place to go check out at night but that might be a pretty far drive from that area.
SMU_Ksig_2005

Postby SMU_Ksig_2005 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:16 am

haha and I know Kingwood is boring ... It's freaking Pleasantville with trees. I just went from one bubble to the next haha.
SMU_Ksig_2005

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:44 pm

Have A Nice Day in Dallas is much better Image Nah nah, H-town sucks. So does Rice for that matter. Do they accept females at that school?

-Disturbed by the caliber of Rice's cheerleaders

Return to Football