PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Safety concerns

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Safety concerns

Postby PonyGirl » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:26 pm

I always try to be supportive of the Ponies, but what was Ruben Moodley doing Saturday? It looked from my seat like he had a chance to make the tackle on two LaTech touchdowns but got burned on both. I did see Coach Bennett laying into him on the sideline. Moodley looked completely lost Saturday. Hope he comes back strong against Rice!
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: Safety concerns

Postby Mustang Stomping » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:42 pm

I too hope there are adjustments made by Moodley and or the coaching staff for the next game.
Q:- Could it be that he is acting out the role given to him by the coaching staff which would not allow him to be flexible in a game playing mode hence taking bad angles from being too close to the line. He does not appear to have great speed and seams reluctant or unable to HIT / Wrap UP / Tackle. Coaching is one thing but game instinct situation is in-built.
Mustangs Will Ride Again @ The HillTop
Mustang Stomping

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:36 pm

He's just bloody slow. His legs are not blessed with speed. SLOOOOOW, and not enough talent to make up for it. Look out for Robert Gilmore next year. No one is talking about him yet, but that kid has some TALENT (not to mention 4.4 speed). A real class act too...pony fans will be pleasantly surprised Image

Postby fbdad » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:49 pm

SMU student or whatever. You profess to be close to the team and in the know. If so, you should not refer to the players in such a disparaging manner. If you are so knowledgeable, whats Moodleys 40 time? You might be surprised. Speed has not been Moodleys problem this year, reading the play correctly and tackling efficiently have been his shortcomings.
fbdad
Junior Varsity

Postby Dement-ed » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:46 pm

I agree, I always thought Moodley had pretty good wheels. He's just taken some bad angles, especially last week against LaTech. Two of their TDs were a direct result of Moodley failing to contain a guy and keep him in the center of the field. But I don't think speed is the problem for Moodley. His struggle is correctable through coaching.
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Return to Football