PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

According to the Ticket Office...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

According to the Ticket Office...

Postby FRED » Wed Aug 30, 2000 5:58 pm

(and we must remember their jumping the gun on the TCU bball "sellout"), there are only around 500 seats left. It would be awesome to have the game sold out by tomorrow, and at the current pace we will do so.

Now we just have to make sure that everyone comes back.
FRED
Recruit

Re: According to the Ticket Office...

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2000 7:00 pm

Fred, I hear you loud and clear about that TCU game. I still dont know if that was a strategy that backfired, pure no-shows or what. In any case, I hope they keep selling hard right through game time. I think you even have to pull out some late stops to get to sellout. By that I mean, Gerald Turner calling local corporations about buying single game blocks of seats if need be etc...

Postby ALL4SMU » Wed Aug 30, 2000 7:03 pm

When was the last time SMU played in a home stadium that was sold out...regardless of which stadium>>????I would assume it was in Ownby.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Wed Aug 30, 2000 8:03 pm

1989 - SMU vs UT. Bevo had to graze on the astroturf. The UT band nearly filled up the entire south end zone stands. SMU stayed with them for the first half to everyones surprise. That team had a lot of heart.

Go Stangs - Beat Kansas
SMUstang
Heisman

Return to Football