PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The next Kevin Aldridge?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The next Kevin Aldridge?

Postby Vitale » Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:30 pm

Got a chance to see Carter High School play a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, we're all going to love Desmond Jones. He has the same sort of build as Aldridge: not overly tall, but thick and muscular. The thing I always liked about Kevin Aldridge was that he was so quick while maintaining his strength and power at the point of attack, and I think Jones has a little of that in him. For a guy who's a legitimate 260-270 pounds, he's incredibly quick, and he's also really strong. The guy who was blocking him (or trying to) was much heavier (although to be honest, he was fat more than strong), and Jones went around him repeatedly, but he also shoved him straight back with a bull rush and he was able to shove the guy aside with a powerful sweep of his arm and race up inside the block. And he showed surprising speed - he chased down guys on both sides of the field.

Jones should be one of the better players in this year's class, regardless of who else we get. Let's make sure we hang on to this guy.
Vitale
All-American

Re: The next Kevin Aldridge?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:25 am

Desmond has a LOT of potential. He could be better than Kevin Aldridge. We can thank Anthony Barnett, his former Carter teammate, in part for his commitment to SMU Image

Re: The next Kevin Aldridge?

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:03 pm

Hopefully he'll bring some more fellas from Carter to SMU. Texas and Texas A&M have always gotten guys from that school, and they've turned out pretty well, wouldn't you agree?
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Football