PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jimmy Christopher

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jimmy Christopher

Postby Otto » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:22 pm

Quote of the game from Jimmy:
"By the way, Leroy Price has the biggest 'fro I've seen in about 25 years."
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Re: Jimmy Christopher

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:32 pm

That was pretty funny. SMU= 1-8. What a way to blow the game....BAD COACHING, mostly on the part of Edmonson. Worst play calling in the first half I've seen all year. Bartel is an amazing QB. Let's use him effectively, eh? Gush and Bennett need to do a better job of coaching those linebackers and the secondary. How many times does Rice need to run the QB draw for the backers to pick it up? Christ.

Postby WildHorse » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:38 pm

"How many times does Rice need to run the QB draw for the backers to pick it up?"

Who makes that call for the defense? When the teams line up at the line of scrimmage in a certain formation, who's job is it to recognize it and make the call on the field?
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:08 pm

That job lies with the mike LB, Vic Viloria. He's done a pretty poor job of recognizing some formations of late. He's one of my favorite players, but he's gotta get some of these calls right. The LB's and secondary jobs are to stop the option and the draw in an option offense. They've been pretty sorry, but it doesn't help the the D tackles are too busy picking themselves off the ground to actually tackle runners up the middle. The ends have been doing well though. Stansbury is picking up the schemes well. I believe he had 2 sacks (?) I had always been a fan of Melvin Williams, but he made a few mistakes today that really cost the mustangs some points. Too many missed tackles from the whole team. I think Ruben Moodley missed more tackles than he made. Rico Harris needs to be replaced. Alvin Nnbauife can hopefully be back soon. KG's absence is really hurting us on special teams as well as in coverage...Rolando Humphrey has potential, but his lack of experience is hurting him, especially against seasoned recievers. Hopefully Gush (def. coordinator and LB's coach) and finally get his act together. I had the, uhm, experience of working closely with the LB's and Coach Gush. The LB's are definitely the GREATEST group of guys to be around, but Coach Gush...wow....Bennett must have owed him BIG. He always seemed confused and inconsistent at practice and when he did something wrong Coach B would tear his head off. It was funny when Gush got whiny and Bennett shut him up. It kind of undermined Gush's authority, but at the same time if Gush didn't suck so terribly, Bennett wouldn't have to coach the LB's half the time. He already has his hands full with the secondary and the rest of the team.

Gahh sorry for the ramble Image

Return to Football