PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Trey Griffin

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Trey Griffin

Postby Otto » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:24 pm

1 catch last year.
0 catches this year coming into today.
Second half today: 5 catches, 56 yards.
Keep going to him - he can fly.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Re: Trey Griffin

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:29 pm

Ugghhh....yes, Trey is a great reciever. About time he was given time to show his skills. My opinion has always been that J Free SUCKS. Honestly, the kid sucks. Too bad Cardwell just fell down...Bartel was on a ROLL.

Postby WildHorse » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:36 pm

I don't know that I'm ready to call Griffin "great" just yet. But I will admit that I'd sure like to see a lot more of him with the ball in the hands.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:43 pm

Trey Griffin..YUH! Will we ever stop the option? Too little too late folks. Poor play calling, poor preparation for Rice's offense...it's just sad. We could have offset their 27pts with some offense of our own. When are we going to realize that we have an excellent QB in Bartel and we don't need to give the ball to Keylon 40 times a game?? Those are wasted snaps. Come on, 30 or so carries for 100 yards? Give me a break. Let Bartel get the ball to our recievers (gasp, we have those?) when the running game fails. Couldn't hurt to ROTATE backs when Keylon is stuggling either. It's not like K Briggs has leg irons on. Geesh...

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:53 pm

It's about time that our WR's get some catches under their belts. We have a pretty talented set of recievers (J-Free not being one). No idea how he starts every game. Cedric and Trey have a lot of talent. Jay Taylor is also pretty darn good. Cardwell is obviously great. Daniel Francis just has to work on his fundamentals...he'll be a great playmaker if he learns to come back to the ball and to catch it before he tries running with it Image

Postby Otto » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:15 pm

Final numbers for Griffin:
8 catches, 86 yards.
Great game for #83
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:38 am

the announcers talked about what good hands Trey had, pulling in anything that was close to him. Don't know how that goes unnoticed during practice, but at least he's now shown what he can do in a game and hopefully will get more playing time from here on out.

I would like to think this coaching staff will take a look at some other guys at positions that have been problems (safeties & placekicking come to mind). If they aren't looking towards next year, they are missing an opportunity to evaluate some guys under game conditions.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lefty » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:54 pm

Griffin was great yesterday.
I thought the knock on him was that he was the second coming of Freeman - all speed, no hands. But he looked real sure-handed Saturday!
Lefty
All-American

Postby The Q » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:50 pm

Isn't he the guy who's supposed to be buddies with a huge lineman that's still a senior in high school? Any word on whether he'll be coming to SMU?
The Q
Varsity

Postby Higher Authority » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:28 pm

Morning News also said Griffin's going to get a lot more playing time from here on out. Good to see. Bennett said that SMU won't win a "track meet" style of game unless it's in a fat man relay - Griffin greatly adds to the team's speed.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby MustangMan » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:36 pm

If Griffin is so fast, can he also return kickoffs or punts?
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football