PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rice vs SMU game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rice vs SMU game

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:47 pm

ok guys dont panic we can still win! lets get this ball back and run down the feild! ooo god! ok get it out of your own red zone first! thing score! and everybody thats a SMU fan at the game I wanna hear ya scream!!!!!!! GO MUSTANGS!!!! come on guys run run run!!!! and everybody on this message board I wanna hear ya scream!!!!! SMU! SMU! SMU!

------------------
Home of the 1938 Nation Champions! the SMU Mustangs!

Re: Rice vs SMU game

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:50 pm

Ahh...I wish Image If we had thrown the long ball early on and scored, we would have had a chance. The blocked punt should never have happened. Townsend Hargis is useless. I have no idea how he even made it onto the field? Lapse in judgement or just terrible, terrible coaching on special teams...my god, he just sucks.

Postby ClassOf81 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:52 pm

SMUStudent06, is there anyone you haven't ripped today? Bennett, Edmondson, Hargis, Freeman, McMurtray .... how about Peruna? Anything you want to rip the mascot for? Like maybe his tail is too long?
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:59 pm

well Im sorry to say but we are gonna move to 1-8! So Good Luck to the Mustangs next week vs Nevade! See Yall at the game! Go Mustangs! bye!

------------------
Home of the 1938 Nation Champions! the SMU Mustangs!

Postby Otto » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:02 pm

See you there!
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:04 pm

I will rip anyone that only desrves to be ripped. Special teams were terrible today. I'd rip the special teams coach if I could remember the guy's name. We had a breakdown today, and I'm frustrated that Bennett is giving BAD players too much playing time while GOOD players are sitting on the bench.

[This message has been edited by SMUStudent06 (edited 10-26-2002).]

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:08 pm

As a side note, I'm fairly happy with Peruna's performance of late. That stupid new mascot that shoots the shirts into the crowd at home games is ridiculous though. Thing looks like a cockroach.....

I want to also say that I am the most diehard supporter of our Mustangs than any other student I know. For the most part, no one honestly gives a crap about our team. People are watching the Texas-Iowa St. game while I'm listening to the SMU game. I've also worked for the team and have seen certain players in all of their suckery. I know who's good and who's not. I've yet to be wrong on a player. Go Don, Bartel, and Trey Image

[This message has been edited by SMUStudent06 (edited 10-26-2002).]

Postby ClassOf81 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:12 pm

SMUStudent06, sorry if I went overboard with my earlier comment - some of your comments sounded a little harsh to me. However, your quote:

"That stupid new mascot that shoots the shirts into the crowd at home games is ridiculous though. Thing looks like a cockroach....."

.... is awesome. That thing's a joke.

Go Mustangs!
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby SMU_Ksig_2005 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:37 pm

Is that new mascot, "The Mustang Maniac," supposed to REVIVE school spirit like the additiong of the NEW fight song "Mighty Mustang Thunder" last year??

I dont get it, why can't the cheerleaders just launch t-shirts into the stands like most schools?

Tough loss today, hopefully we can pull it together for the next 3 games. Nevada might be tough. Tulsa did beat UTEP today ... there's no reason we can't beat UTEP or Tulsa.
SMU_Ksig_2005<BR>AEKDB -- GO STANGS!
SMU_Ksig_2005

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:26 am

Nevada will be damn near impossible to win. SMUKsig, do you live in the KSig house? If you are last year's pledge class then I gotta know you.

Postby SMU_Ksig_2005 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:45 pm

Yup, I live in the house and I was in last year's pledge class.
SMU_Ksig_2005<BR>AEKDB -- GO STANGS!
SMU_Ksig_2005

Postby mtsurim1 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:11 pm

Smustudent06: Get your head out...I am so offended by your lack of knowledge it makes me ill. Townsend wasn't even on the field at the time that the punt was blocked. He never plays during punts. He is the best offensive linemen out there and you need to get all your facts together before you start slinging stupid remarks around. He has had the most cuts of the o-line on two seperate occassions, he always grades above 80 and if you ask any of the other o-line guys, they will tell you he plays his [deleted] off and dominates.
mtsurim1

Postby click » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:40 pm

There again 06 you really have no inside informaton if you did you would know that they do not have a special team coach that the duties are divided among the staff, you seem to be ragging on everybody on the team,are you an AL Bundy i.e.former high school star that didn't make it to college,or you like many others just tired of losing?
click
Scout Team

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:35 pm

Coach Fello is the special teams coach. Yes, the duties are split among the other coaches but Fello is I guess you could say, the coordinator. You alumni and your infinite knowledge. Jesus people, sorry about the Hargis thing...he still sucks. I can't remember everything, esp. not who the hell starts on special teams. Guess you can't believe everything Jimmy Christopher says either. Oh btw, Hargis sucks. And oh, Hargis...yeah he sucks. Hell the whole damn line sucks in honesty. These guys need to spend some more time in the weight room (yes I know they do bust their asses as it is). It's great the guy is a decent lineman, but not so good that he still sucks compared to half the D1 linemen playing college ball right now. Just because he's decent for us (114 in the country), doesn't make him an outstanding football player. It's not an insult to the kid. From what I recall, he had a great attitude and was a super nice guy. We all liked him, he's just not that good...

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:39 pm

So, Ksig, anyway, so Seimers, Miller Twins, Ricky, Petty, all those names would be very familiar to you Image I've been over at the house plenty, but not recently. Ah well, I need to make some time to do that.

Next

Return to Football