PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Videotape of the Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Videotape of the Game

Postby KP » Thu Aug 31, 2000 9:31 pm

It pains me to admit this, but I am going to have to miss the first game because of a hunting trip, so what I was wondering if there is any way to get a tape from the closed circuit tv's that will be broadcasting inside the stadium, would love to get the feeling of the first game excitment even though I won't be able to attend.
KP

Re: Videotape of the Game

Postby KP » Fri Sep 01, 2000 1:28 pm

Spare me your lectures, this is an all expense paid trip (paid by someone else, not me), I won't even go into the benefits that hunting provides, did you ever think about what happens to these poor defenseless creatures as a result of overpopulation? Starvation, and death. By the way, there is a difference in hunting for something to put on your wall (which I do not do) and hunting something you plan on eating. Man, I can't believe someone has to post their freaking morals on the SMU board when all I asked was a simple question about a game tape.

Now anyone that has a serious answer to my question please feel free to answer.

[This message has been edited by KP (edited 09-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by KP (edited 09-01-2000).]
KP

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 01, 2000 2:24 pm

Shoot a Jayhawk for me. Image

GO MUSTANGS!

(um, I meant the animal, not the college student)

[This message has been edited by SPEBobbyG (edited 09-01-2000).]

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 01, 2000 3:32 pm

I deleted the post by PonyGirl because I felt it was inappropriate. I think it was indeed meant in jest, but nonetheless it was inappropriate.

KP-

I, too am missing the opening game because my sister is getting married on saturday night. Nothing I can do about that.

I had not thought about getting one of the closed circuit videos of the game, but that is a great idea. I will see what I can do about that when I get back to town.

Where are you going hunting? I assume it is a Dove hunt....

[This message has been edited by PonyFanMan (edited 09-01-2000).]

Postby KP » Fri Sep 01, 2000 3:36 pm

Well, I have no problem with someone jumping me because I miss the game, I'm mad at myself for that. I'm going to Pecos Texas, somewhere out south of Midland, and yeah it is a dove hunt. Let me know what you find out about the tape, would be great to see the first game, even if I can't be there in person.
KP

Postby PonyGirl » Fri Sep 01, 2000 5:03 pm

Note to KP:

PonyFanMan was right -- I wrote what I did in humor. While I'm not a hunter or a fan of hunting myself, I don't think there's any reason for me (or for anyone else) to deny you the right to hunt. And yes, the merits of hunting are well documented and largely valid.

What I said was merely an attempt to pick on you a little for missing the game. No hard feelings.

(Besides, PonyFanMan is just upset because he is a hunter.)

Go Ponies
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby KP » Fri Sep 01, 2000 5:10 pm

No hard feelings from me (you know, it's just too dang hard to figure out when someone is kidding on here sometimes). I know, missing the game is inexcusable, I hate that I am going to have to. Only good thing is that I still have 5 more games this season to enjoy the new stadium in, but I'm sure it won't compare to the excitement surronding the first game.
KP

Return to Football