PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top 10: TULSA

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Top 10: TULSA

Postby Letterman » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:45 pm

From the home office, high on The Hilltop, the top 10 reasons SMU will beat Tulsa Saturday at Ford Stadium:

10. Starting Tulsa WR Montiese Culton sneaks out of team hotel to visit family in Duncanville for home-cooked meal; can't remember how to get back to Dallas for game.
9. Tulsa QB Tyler Gooch throws 6 interceptions; in postgame press conference, admits to having been "traumatized" by the shocking ending of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." Admits he "never would have predicted that."
8. Mustangs have emotional edge when Golden Hurricane players realize that win or lose, they still have to go back to Tulsa, Oklahoma.
7. Tulsa head coach Keith Burns distracted from gameplanning because of his duties on the search committee set up to find his own replacement.
6. SMU has beaten Tulsa 6 straight times; #7 (Daniel Francis) scores three touchdowns to run streak to 7.
5. Mustard-colored "gold" in TU uniforms draws heckling from fashion-conscious, snappy-dressing officials.
4. TU coach Burns chastised before game by alums for letting Tulsa native (and Pony RB) Keith Williams get away to the bright lights of Dallas; Williams breaks out with first 100-yard rushing game.
3. Tulsa coaches admonish players to help the program "return to glory." After looking around the lockerroom, they realize there are no Steve Largents on the team, and there wasn't any glory even when he played there.
2. Tulsa team bus rolls by field, prompting Golden Hurricane players to mutter "damn, they look tough". Players quake in fear and go into spontaneous convulsions when they realize they were watching an SMU sorority intramural game.

And the #1 reason SMU will beat Tulsa:

1. Streakers return to The Boulevard; SMU win streak contines.
Letterman
Scout Team

Re: Top 10: TULSA

Postby PonyTales » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:00 pm

Where's Paul Shaffer in all this?

Personal favorites:
#9, #7, #3, #2 and #1

Good stuff!
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Jim Rome » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:17 pm

That is awesome!

I'm guessing Tulsa isn't exactly brimming with confidence as they get ready for Saturday's game. They've spent how many weeks ranked as the worst team in Div. 1-A? SMU isn't exactly headed to the Fiesta Bowl, but unless they're facing a high school team, the Golden Hurricane isn't going to enter a game thinking they're going to win. Note to Coach Burns: back away from the head coaching career - you've had enough.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:30 pm

Love it!! To Bad I wont be able to go to the game this weekend! my first home game to miss in like 3 years!! Image my High School is in the Playoffs so I gotta support them! Scream for me guys! Go Mustangs! and Cheer for my Lobos!! from Longview!!

------------------
Home of the 1935 Nation Champions! the SMU Mustangs!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Sam I Am » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:06 pm

The Tulsa people seem more interested in Padre Island and basketball than following the miserable ending to their football season.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangFan » Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:50 pm

Can you really blame them?
MustangFan
All-American

Postby PonyTales » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:14 pm

I can't wait for tomorrow's game.

SMU 40, Tulsa 16
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:17 pm

You've got us cracking 40 points 2 weeks in a row? I'll take it.

SMU 27, Tulsa 13
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Football