PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulsa Game & Seniors

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulsa Game & Seniors

Postby Mickey » Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:06 pm

Good game. Great send off for the graduating SRs. DD Johnson was not introduced as a SR. He is listed on the roster as a SR. Did he get a RS year last year? If so, we are in good shape at LB next year with Johnson, James, Lee, and Bischoff reutrning.
Mickey
All-American

Re: Tulsa Game & Seniors

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:15 am

It was nice to see these seniors go out with a couple of wins. This group hasn't enjoyed a lot of success here at SMU, but at least they finally beat UTEP in El Paso and got to go out as winners in their final game. They can also be proud of the fact that they opened Ford Stadium with an upset win over Kansas.

As for the LB situation, I hope D.D.Johnson does have another year, because that's another position we have potential depth problems with. We're going to need to depend on RS Frosh or even some of this year's recruits to have any depth at LB next year. Let's hope Carrington and Horton are ready to contribute or that Zach Hall can step right in and play. I think we're still pushing hard for Lewis Baker, who remains undecided as far as I know. Hall & Baker would be nice additions to the LB corp and could see playing time early in their SMU careers.

There has been talk of guys changing positions this spring. Should be interesting to see who plays where. Could Tate Wallis end up at LB or back at TE?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:17 am

Arrgh the pain! While the game was going, I observed Ford Stadium from about 10,000 feet. I was flying home. Bummer I missed the FB game (and the BB game today!) Disappointed I didn't get to see the Stangs get their last win and to see the seniors in their last game, but so proud of everyone on the team. I'm not sure too many of them like me much anymore, but I still support ya'll 100% Image Go Mustangs!

Postby Otto » Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:39 pm

Lewis Baker is a stud LB from Hebron HS up here (Lewisville area). He hits hard, real hard, and he's as fast as any LB I've seen. He can run with (OU commit) DeMarrio Pleasant, and that's saying something. If SMU ends up with him, PonyFans are going to have a great player to watch. Go get him, coaches.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Return to Football