PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WHAT A GAME!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WHAT A GAME!

Postby MustangMatt » Sun Sep 03, 2000 3:48 am

Congratulations to...

Billy Ford, first TD in Ford Stadium.

Josh McCown, awesome game.

Kickers, perfect game, nice field goal.

the whole team, good job, this game will never be forgotten.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Re: WHAT A GAME!

Postby MustangMom » Sun Sep 03, 2000 6:07 pm

Ditto to all of MustangMatts comments! I want to also highlight the Comet - Chris what a great game you had!!!

Vic you meant what you said in your interview with PONYFANS.com. You really showed that you have come back to school with a renewed commitment to your education, keeping yourself eligable and to football. You were awesome.

Congratulations to the entire team. Everyone of you played your hearts out!

Now let's win the next one!!
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby ole jim » Sun Sep 03, 2000 7:43 pm

Josh McCown is greatly improved.

I give him credit for his hard work. Also, his teammates are putting him a position in which he can show his talent.

The coaching has to have been a big factor in this impressive offensive performance.
ole jim
Recruit

Postby Corso » Mon Sep 04, 2000 9:13 pm

Not so fast my friends.

Kudos to everyone mentioned in these posts - but how about that defensive stand in the second half? Those guys faced first-and-goal from the 1-yard line, and little ol' Vic Viloria stuffed that huge fullback by himself once, leading to a great goal-line stand.

And the secondary did a great job. Everyone talks about how young they are - imagine how good they'll be when they grow up a little....

GREAT job by the Mustang D!
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUBob » Mon Sep 04, 2000 9:33 pm

Agree, the D deserves lots of credit as well. Okay, they were helped out by a bunch of Jayhawk drops, but they kept KU bottled up the whole first half. I was impressed with several: Aldridge, Viloria especially.
SMUBob
Scout Team

Return to Football