PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Can someone explain this?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Can someone explain this?

Postby KnuckleStang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:45 pm

At this point, how much does it cost for an SMU student to get into a football or basketball game? When I was there (around DP time) I was struck by how much they were charging us to get in to see our own team. It was no wonder to me there were no students in the stands. At UVA, for example, I believe the students just show their ID cards and walk into the ballgames. DRUNK. Of course maybe UVA can afford it, being a state school and all. Anyway, I'm just wondering how much the student tickets have gone up to. I think football should be paid for by the alumni, not the screaming kids, we need more of those.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby RI Stang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:56 pm

It's built into tuition, costs nothing extra to the student.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby KnuckleStang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:22 pm

That's a relief, I guess I'm a little behind the times. Perhaps I did dream this, but I recall during the late '80s to 1990 as a student having to pay something like $15-$20 to get into a basketball game, and football games weren't much better. That just struck me as ridiculous, that's all. If I'm making this up, somebody from the same "era" please let me know Image. Anyhow, I'm glad to hear the students have no excuse not to go to games, other than the teams not being so great, which is still no excuse. You gotta support your team and scream like an imbecile, that's what college is suppose to be all about (insert cheesy music here.)!!
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football