PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2003 Schedule

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2003 Schedule

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:03 pm

How did we get to play 12 games in 2003? Hawaii is not on our schedule.

Anyway, OOC looks like 1-3 or 2-2.

WAC looks like 4-4 or 5-3.

So, that range is 5-7 to 7-5. Overall I would have said 6-6 but my guess is that if we are 5-6 going into the TCU game, we lose. If we are 6-5 my guess is we win. So 5-7 or 7-5, not 6-6.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:28 pm

Hawaii isnt on our schedule but Boise State is! So Thank God we are on our home turf lets just hope we dont play like we did againist Hawaii last year!

------------------
Home of the 1935 National Champions! the SMU Mustangs!
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:56 pm

A couple of years ago the NCAA allowed 12 games in years in which there is an extra weekend between Labor Day and the end of November I believe.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ThadFilms » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:19 am

Before every season, I look at the games on paper, and get really excited. Because concieveably we could win any game on the schedule. So therefore we could win every game, take away a few that we just don't get lucky... and there you have it. 8-4 or whatever.

Well I gave that up a couple years ago, in favor of- just show me some sort of progress... please. With that being said I will however dip my pen in optimistic ink for a crack at next years schedule.

I should add, though, I will go into the season with undefeated season aspirations... yeah me and Eddie P, holding out for the perfect season.

Texas Tech- Loss (immunity to bubonic plague gives them unimaginable home field advantage)

Baylor- WIN ('nuff said)

Okie State- Loss (last year was not pretty)

Nevada- Loss (if your planning on catching this one, might as well hit Vegas instead)

UTEP- WIN (A blowout)

San Jose- Loss (Bad trip)

Boise State- WIN (a last minute shocker)

Tulsa- WIN (Tulsa shouldn't even bother playing)

Fresno State- WIN (Fresno State is driving for the win. It's intercepted! Mustangs take the knee and and a three game win streak)

LA Tech- WIN (McCown flustered early, never recovers)

Rice- WIN (Key Rice fumbles lead to Ponies win)

With memories of 1997 dancing through our heads, a date with the Frogs looms. But history will not repeat itself....

Ponies atone for '97 (when a pony victory over and 0-10 TCU team would have sent SMU to a bowl game against a Notre Dame side that I think we would have had a chance at pummeling... granted it was the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl... I precicted before the game, the mustangs would look past the Frogs and lose... and horribly they did... the worst feeling I'd had at an SMU game).

TCU- WIN!

8-4!!! BOWL BID!!!

That's my hope. But to be honest, I think 5-7 is most likely. With 3 of our 5 wins being over Baylor, Utep, and Tulsa- we squeak out the two others somewhere along the way.

But I'm going to dream of 8-4. Becuse all the pain of losing is worth all the hope and excitement leading up to it... soon enough... Mustang Mania sweeps the metroplex again.

Word to your Coach Bennett.

[This message has been edited by PonyExpress83 (edited 01-22-2003).]
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:52 pm

I'm still sporting those "Mustang Mania" license plate holders on my car!!!!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965

Postby ThadFilms » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:56 am

I like your style MrMustang1965...

I have the Mustang Mania bumper sticker on my age old Dallas Tornado fusbol table...

The only other place I know that you can [still] see that bumper sticker is on a trash can on campus. Next to the stairs that lead up to the computer science department. (Above the library)... I'll check tomorrow or Monday (whichever of the two days I decide to be on campus) to make sure it's there. It was a month ago... the last time I reveled at it.

Alack. Alack. Alack.- to quote Bill Shakespeare.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:38 pm

OO!! I even got that Mustang Maniacs bumper sticker! But my mom doesnt wanna put it on the car because its the only one she has left so its on my SMU Bulliten board .::however ya spell it::. still wish I was born before 88! ugh! I missed everything good! Well atleast the Lobos are back at winning now lets get SMU back at winning! Congratulations to the Basketball team on their recent success

------------------
Home of the 1935 National Champions! the SMU Mustangs!
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Mustangs35SMU

Previous

Return to Football