PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Getting on to Game #2

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Getting on to Game #2

Postby Boston Pony » Sun Sep 03, 2000 9:24 am

I have not heard, but it seems we made it through the game without injury. Briggs rushed for more than it sounded (via netcast). Any word about his hip?

Did it seem as if Coach K put the playbook into his pocket in the second half? Not much excitement, however being conservative with a 21 point lead is logical. Anyone else have any insights..
Boston Pony
Varsity

Re: Getting on to Game #2

Postby MustangMom » Sun Sep 03, 2000 6:04 pm

I was so proud of the Mustangs. What a great game. I do hope that this outstanding showing will not allow for overcofidence for the next game. I hope the team comes in to every game, just like they did agaist Kansas.

Unfortanately, to keep the fans loyal, especially the students (many of whom are finding this a new experience) SMU needs to have a whole bunch of wins.

GO MUSTANGS!!
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby ole jim » Sun Sep 03, 2000 7:47 pm

I agree.

The measure of a successful football team is consistency. Take it a game at a time. Practice to win!

The same effort put in to every game as they did Saturdat night, the season record will be ASTONISHING!!!!
ole jim
Recruit

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Sep 04, 2000 9:08 pm

According to the DMN, Steve O'Neill sprained an ankle .... but that's it. It would be great to see what we could do in a season if we stay that healthy. Knock on wood, and get better, Steve.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Football