PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Position changes

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Position changes

Postby HorsePower » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:11 pm

I keep hearing there will be a lot of players at new positions next year. Does anyone know for sure? It's been written here that Tate Wallis, if we land a JUCO QB, will move to TE, SS or LB. Johnnie Fitzgerald, who was recruited as a DB, played RB with the scout team for much of the season. I assume some linemen will flip-flop back and forth - word is Mike Benson will be moved to D-line. Supposedly Cole Horton or Jamar Bey will bump up to DE from LB. Anyone else that ya'll know about whose switching positions? Or are these even true?
HorsePower
Heisman

Re: Position changes

Postby JustAFriend » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:57 pm

Last I heard they weren't gonna go for a JUCO QB, but I couldnt swear on it. I think it'd be pretty cool to see Bartel and Wallis play pitch and catch together on the field though.
JustAFriend
Junior Varsity

Postby Fresh » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:23 pm

I agree with you, JustAFriend. Wallis is a very good athlete who has good hands (drafted to play baseball by the yankees) and he can run. With a few more pounds, he could be a good tight end.
I also like his chances at safety or even outside linebacker.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby hpfan » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:07 pm

I have heard Benson Horton and Bey ar'nt going anywhere. They will stay as recruited and coaches are expecting big things from them...
hpfan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football