PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane/Hawaii

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulane/Hawaii

Postby Corso » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:00 pm

How the hell did Tulane beat Hawaii? They were down 14-0 or something when I turned it off. Sounds like Tulane took out Timmy Chang, which means that runner with the long hair must have taken over at QB - and he's just not that good.

Whatever happened, congratulations to Eric Schumann - Tulane's defensive coordinator is a man who deserves his success.

(Although I read a couple stories about the game and it looks like Tulane got big games from RB Mewelde Moore - who committed to SMU before jumping ship for Tulane - and DL Floyd Dorsey, who also had strong interest in SMU. Congratulations to them, I guess.)
Corso
Hall of Famer

Re: Tulane/Hawaii

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:18 pm

Chang injured his thumb in the 2nd quarter and there's no question that hawaii isn't the same team with him not 100%. Tulane's Moore had close to 200 all purpose yards. Would have been nice to have seen him playing as a Mustang.

For those who think CUSA was weak this year, just remember that Tulane was a "middle of the pack" team in CUSA and they were playing the WAC's 2nd best team on Hawaii's home turf. If the WAC is going to earn more respect in the future, SMU has to do it's part by building a competitive program in the eastern division. Hawaii, Fresno & Boise are all decent teams out west, but only La Tech has shown anything in the east.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football