PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UTEP Prediction...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UTEP Prediction...

Postby Jason » Mon Sep 04, 2000 1:08 am

SMU 34
UTEP 28

I think this is gonna be a wild, crazy game. A couple of turnovers spell the difference...
Jason
Recruit

Re: UTEP Prediction...

Postby SMUBob » Mon Sep 04, 2000 2:30 am

You've got the 34 part right. If we've got our heads screwed on straight on Saturday, we should score some points at UTEP.

I was even more impressed with the defense. I say SMU 34, UTEP 10. I don't see our defense giving up 28 points. Did you stick around for the goalline stand?

This will be a great test to see if we can handle success. SMU is so used to dealing with adversity, that it may be more difficult to deal with all these higher expectations. We'll see.
SMUBob
Scout Team

Postby BUS » Mon Sep 04, 2000 3:45 pm

I am looking for a score of more like 42 to 21.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangMom » Mon Sep 04, 2000 6:21 pm

UTEP will be ready to play and hungry for a win after their loss on Saturday. This will be the opening game for them at home. The Mustangs better not take them lightly. I hope to see the same intensity that we had for Kansas.

The players were so high for the opening game at Ford stadium, I hope there will not be a let down. This team should know that they have a great chance to turn things around this year. Stay focused and let's win another!
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby Big D » Mon Sep 04, 2000 11:28 pm

Yes, utep will really want this one, since they lost last week. But my sources say they are more determined than ever, to win again. These boys will work extra hard this week for another bite of that sweet success. They don't ever want another 0-5 start(of course that's impossible now). I'm telling you, these guys want to win!! And no, they better not take anyone lightly, even if someone shows up with 10 players!
Big D
Scout Team

Postby Jason » Tue Sep 05, 2000 12:54 pm

Yeah, I stuck around for the goalline stand. That was incredible. However, I believe the UTEP quarterback is mobile just like Dylan Smith. I also think that without some of the dropped passes, and if Kansas had stuck to a running game, we would have given up more points. I think UTEP makes some of those plays, since they are playing at home and wont be freaked out. However, our offense plays better than theirs, and turns the ball over less, so we win...
Jason
Recruit

Postby TWU1890 » Tue Sep 05, 2000 6:27 pm

We have already seen part of the new offense, but we have not seen all of it. Needless to say, it is explosive. I found it quite exciting that the first two TDs went to the TE/BIG Backs. Hampton was sensational and I expect to see a lot more out of him and Ford. I can not make the UTEP game but here is outcome.

SMU 34
UTEP 20
======================
C-U-N NC. Go Stangs Beat State

[This message has been edited by TWU1890 (edited 09-05-2000).]
TWU1890

Return to Football