PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Marcus Walker

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Marcus Walker

Postby Lefty » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:13 pm

What's the story on this guy? I remember when he signed, it was reported that he was all-state in Louisiana. He definitely has good size (6'3", 280 or so). Is he going to be ready to play next year? With Birdwell having left before the 2002 season, and with Lute Croy graduating, can he step in and contribute so we can redshirt any DTs this year?
Lefty
All-American

Re: Marcus Walker

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:30 pm

Walker was listed as Croy's back-up all year, but did he see many snaps? I thought I'd read that he was nursing a shoulder injury early in the year. There's no question but that we need him to become a force on the DL next year. If not Walker, we need to find someone to play alongside Adami in the middle.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hpfan » Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:55 am

Word I hear is that Dedman and Karrington who traveled all year as true freshmen will share the DT duties. Both are about 260-270 and have decent DE speed..
hpfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:43 pm

I read somewhere that Walker had shoulder surgery last spring and that may have limited his development. But its time for him to make a move.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Drinking » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:27 pm

I will tell you what happened. We signed a big defensive lineman with a bum shoulder. He has been nursing that same injury since he arrived on the Hilltop. Hopefully Walker, who was said to be the "next big thing" at SMU, will be able to contribute for at least one year.
Posty...give me a reading
Drinking

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:10 pm

I think a lot of us have/had high hopes for Walker as the heir apparent to Croy's nose tackle spot, but if Denman and Karrington can be the same kind of player Adami has shown himself to be, then give me a pack of 255-270 lb DTs and we will do just fine.
Charleston Pony

Return to Football