PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Players to watch Next Season

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Players to watch Next Season

Postby Brasco » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:33 pm

I am really looking forward to seeing the following guys suit up for the Mustangs:

1) Darrin Johnson
2) Robert Gilmore
3) Brent Karrington
4) Anthony Barnett

From the posts that I have read, Darrin sounds like a star in the making. Robert could be the missing piece in our secondary. Brent has a motor that does not stop and his toughness and aggressiveness will be noticed immediately. Sounds like Anthony is lightning in a bottle. Enough said.

Any thoughts on these guys? Or an other guys that you feel will be THE "Players" to watch for next season.
Brasco
Recruit

Re: Players to watch Next Season

Postby MustangFan » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:26 pm

Gilmore spent this whole season running. His knee injury might have been so severe that it takes ANOTHER year before he's fully back to his old form. Let's be patient - if he needs another year, we'll wait for him. The sky's the limit for that guy.

Add LB Reggie Carrington to your list. He was unreal in practice this fall, and I heard the coaches gave real thought to taking him out of his redshirt to get him on the field.

And I keep hearing the name Martin Guidry. He's supposed to be a streetfighter who's gotten a lot stronger and has improved his blocking technique immensely this year.@
MustangFan
All-American

Return to Football