PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question for Stallion - Impact Freshmen

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question for Stallion - Impact Freshmen

Postby No Quarter » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:40 pm

If my memory is correct, season before last a true freshman DT started for and played very well for Oklahoma.

Stallion, can you or another state how many stars Rivals gave that player during recruiting?
No Quarter
Heisman

Re: Question for Stallion - Impact Freshmen

Postby Stallion » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:14 pm

His name is Tommie Harris and he was perhaps the No. 1 rated Player in the entire nation- a true 5 star recruit-funny how that works
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:06 pm

Speaking of "can't miss" prospects, I wonder when SMU will sign it's next football player with that label? Was Marcus Mosley (if that was his name...the SOC LB who never saw the field) a 4-5 star "can't miss" guy? I seem to recall him being a Parade All-America player and remember feeling uneasy about his signing at the time. You knew something had to be wrong for us to get a guy of that caliber in that time frame. I can't even remember who he had offers from.
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:27 pm

....well he did hit the field-he was on the special teams by the start of his freshman season. We'll never know if he could play because academics rather than talent prevented him from getting into a Division 1 school after SMU.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Return to Football