PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Budget

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Budget

Postby Mickey » Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:10 pm

I know this has been asked before. If SMU has severe budget constaints, why don't they take better care of the equipment? I drove by on Mockingbrid this morning and the football equipment has not been put in storage for years. It wasn't kept out for UT and the Cotton Bowl as they brought their own equipment. All of the tents and stands for the boulevard are stored inside Ford, why can't they do the same for the sports equipment? The equipment may be weather proof, but if it last 5 years outside, it can last 8 years with proper maintenance. I swear the football equipment and track high jump pits have been sitting outside for 5 years. Is this David Miller's responsibility? It doesn't take much effort to move the sleds and pads inside Ford.
Mickey
All-American

Re: Budget

Postby SMUguy » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:20 pm

"Is this David Miller's responsibility?"

Yes.

Fortunately, they never use the track for home meets, so nobody notices how that equipment has been treated. I guess you can train on grungy mats, etc., until someone gets hurt.

They probably still have the tent up on the top of the bleachers at the soccer field, too, even though it won't do anything but whip around in the wind and tear/wear out in the weather.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Return to Football