PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Best XMAS Gift

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Best XMAS Gift

Postby smu75 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:37 pm

My wife gave me a DVD Recorder for XMAS. I have finally been able to copy my 20 year old self-made video tape of the January 1, 1983, SMU-Pitt Cotton Bowl game. I am so glad that my tape has survived all these years. Now, I have a more permanent copy of that great game which I attended all those years ago. It brings back some of the fondest SMU football memories. As a 29 year old guy back then, I was blessed to attend all our home and road games that season except the game at UTEP. Even sitting in the cold, rain, and sleet at the Cotton Bowl Game was worth it. I was so happy that I hardly noticed! It was a wonderous season. As the Cotton Bowl Scoreboard asked, "National Champions?", I still say absolutely! I just wish that we could have played Penn State that year. I would stack our 1982 team, man-for-man against any in the nation that year. It was a great pleasure then and a fond memory now. By the way, my second favorite SMU team was the 1992 team. The seniors on that team put up with a lot during there four years and were a wonderful example of loving loyalty to SMU. I am just as proud of their 5-6 record as I am of the 1992 team's 11-0-1.
smu75

Re: Best XMAS Gift

Postby smu75 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:43 pm

Test
smu75

Return to Football