PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

what happened to PPP?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

what happened to PPP?

Postby PX » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:46 pm

There was a long thread on here a few days ago from PPP, regarding Donnie Gilray leaving SMU, and now it seems to have dissapeared. I never got a chance to respond so I just wanted to say Good luck to Donnie, and the family.
I've heard most of the story about what happened with Donnie, both from his family and several unbiased sources, and I would like to state unequivocally that Donnie seemed to be getting blamed for something he didnt do. Its unfortunate that the young man had to go through such a year here, and its unfortunate that his memories of our university will be mostly negative ones.
However, if Donnie was truly as unhappy and under as much stress as that last thread indicated, then leaving SMU is truly what was best for him. You cant stay in a place that makes you that miserable, regardless of what the potential rewards might be. SMU can be a great education, and a positive experience, but its not the only place where you can get those things, there are alot of other options and places you can go.
Good luck to Donnie, I think leaving will in the long run be the best thing for him. PPP, feel free to email me again, if you wish.
PX
Varsity

Return to Football