PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Can you buy an SMU football jersey anywhere?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Can you buy an SMU football jersey anywhere?

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:08 pm

I've been looking for an SMU football jersey for a while and I've come to the conclusion that only the team gets to wear them. I've seen the ones made for little kids at the book store but that's it. It kind of upsets me that I go to a University that I feel is just as prestigious as Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech but we do not have jerseys on the market even at the bookstore. When I go out of town I like to represent my college...I would really like to represent my football and basketball programs. If anyone knows of a place where I could find a football or basketball jersey please let me know. I will never again wear my nasty maroon 12th man jersey because I am a Mustang now. I would like a replacement because I like to wear football jerseys.

Re: Can you buy an SMU football jersey anywhere?

Postby PonyPower » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:14 pm

Doesn't the Spirit Shop sell jerseys that are a year old? Game-worn jerseys?
Take out a home equity loan and you can afford one!
PonyPower
All-American

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:08 am

Haha
I bet they are really high even if the spirit shop does sell them. I've been in there once but very briefly. I've been in all the other spirit stores but I've never really looked too much in the spirit shop. I've also never seen a fan with a jersey on. That's what leads me to believe we don't sell them anywhere.

Postby Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans » Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:45 am

I think Bob Sharp at the Spirit Shop does have them. Often he has "game worn" jerseys on sale. Call Bob and ask him when his next sale is. I would think this time of year would be your best bet to catch a sale.

214-768-7468 - Spirit Shop At SMU
"THE SMU BLVD - - NO PLACE ELSE" (retired)
Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans
Heisman

Postby KnuckleStang » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:42 pm

Also, harvardred, you might try ebay, that's where I got mine. Just type in "SMU" and about 70-90 things come up, usually about 4-5 of which are jerseys. Some are claimed to be "game worn," some are obvious fakes, but who cares, I was happy with mine. Unless you get lucky, however, you probably won't save too much money over the Spirit Shop, but you could sneak in the auction under the radar and "steal" one. Image Mine is a white road jersey #40 that says "R. Davis" on the back, presumably from the early to mid 90's, and I got it for about 40 dollars plus shipping. The home jerseys (because they look much cooler) always seem to go for more, unfortunately. There's also some guy who just sells Dickerson #19 jerseys. Not authentic, obviously, but they are in the home blue. Anyway, good luck.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:45 pm

Links for SMU Jerseys on e-Bay right now.

<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988235559&category=2860" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988235559&category=2860</A>

<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988224139&category=2860" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988224139&category=2860</A>
"THE SMU BLVD - - NO PLACE ELSE" (retired)
Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans
Heisman

Return to Football