PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The field at Ford Stadium

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The field at Ford Stadium

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:33 pm

I was in Dallas on Saturday and stopped by Ford Stadium for a visit to the Spirit Shop and Heritage Hall. The stadium was 'open' so I went in and sat down in the warm sunshine for awhile. I noticed that the field looks AWFUL! What the heck happened? (I'm not talking about the fireworks debacle from the Navy game, either! At least that looks like it's been taken care of!) The field from end zone to end zone has an almost perfect rectangular 'shadow' on it. It looks like someone laid a tarp down there for about three weeks and the grass died! Does anyone know what happened and what's being done to get the field 'in shape' for the spring game?

Also, Saturday was some kind of 'recruitment' event at Ford Stadium. As I was leaving, a woman and a young man were bringing in table decorations for what they called a 'recruiting event' that night. They had a SMU helmet, red & blue pompoms and other SMU paraphenalia in their hands and were going upstairs. Does anyone know what this 'event' was and, if so, what happened? I would have stayed and found out myself but I had to get back to Houston.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: The field at Ford Stadium

Postby Fresh » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm

I would assume that's when the recruits are walked out on the field at Ford Stadium, and they see some kind of show on the JumboTron, with their HS highlights and some SMU stuff, too. I don't know this - I'm guessing.
Fresh
Varsity

Return to Football