PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chants

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chants

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:16 pm

Hey Well earlier today I was think about how at the Cotton Bowl game this year all the LSU fans had chants and it was a flow of yellow pompoms! so I thought to myself that we need chants! to bring more spirit to SMU to! I mean not only for the students to do but for the whole crowd to do an suggestions?

------------------
Home of the 1935 National Champions! the SMU Mustangs!
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

[This message has been edited by Mustangs35SMU (edited 01-19-2003).]
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Chants

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:24 pm

I like this one from that the SMU band did at the WAC Basketball Tournament in 2000

<A HREF="http://people.smu.edu/band/multimedia/bball.ram" TARGET=_blank>http://people.smu.edu/band/multimedia/bball.ram</A>

------------------
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:31 pm

If you've ever been to a game, you couldn't have missed that chant/cheer. Well..maybe you could've Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:50 pm

Serouisly though we need to get the crowd more into the games! Like Everytime they sing the Battle Cry Sing it! I dont know?!?! thoughts from anybody?!?!!

------------------
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Fresh » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:37 pm

I'm right there with you, 35. Start it up, and I'll join in.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:34 pm

My father, I.T. Hurst, was a 'yell leader' in '47-'48. He passed away last month. His obituary said he was "SMU's #1 fan"...I don't doubt this for one second.

His ongoing project, along with head 'yell leader' Joe Redwine Patterson from '47-'48, was to bring the spirit back to SMU that existed in their days.

My father saw it all...Doak Walker, Kyle Rote, SMU at the Rose Bowl, SMU v. Notre Dame, SMU v. Navy (some kid named Staubach at QB), SMU v. Texas (Homecoming '65), SMU winning the SWC Championship, SMU having the first African-American football player in the SWC with Jerry Levias, the coaching of Hayden Fry, SMU playing and BEATING the OU Sooners in the first Astro Bluebonnet Bowl, the Pony Express Days of Dickerson and James and, sadly, the Death Penalty, and, joyously, the return of SMU football at Ownby Stadium and then the unveiling of Ford Stadium...there were many other 'moments' that Dad witnessed that I'm sure I am forgetting. The point of all of this....?

Not ONCE did my father EVER quit loving and cheering on the SMU Mustangs! He loved this school! So...if you want to honor him and the many other SMU alumni who have preceded you, PLEASE BRING BACK THE SPIRIT TO SMU that my father and his 'greatest generation' enjoyed so much! I know it's there...I can feel it! It just takes ONE PERSON to bring it forth...will you be the one?

GO MUSTANGS!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965

Postby boulevard bum » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:09 am

I just wanted to let you know I hope I live to be as great of an SMU fan as your father. I will try my hardest to live up to Mustangs like him. I'm sorry he passed away before I had the pleasure of meeting him. I want to know what it was like back then when we were great. I also love this school and will never stop. People like your father give me hope that we will be back. Because of people like him I know I picked the right school to attend.
boulevard bum
Junior Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:26 am

Thanks, Boulevard Bum. Your post made my night!
MrMustang1965

Return to Football