PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oakland vs. Tampa

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Oakland vs. Tampa

Postby DallasFrog » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:44 pm

I always enjoy the gambling insight that comes from you all, so who do you like?
Oakland -3 1/2
Tampa +3 1/2
O/U 44
DallasFrog
Scout Team

Re: Oakland vs. Tampa

Postby Nacho » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:19 pm

I want TB to win but Oakland looks pretty tough. Only bet money you can afford to lose. That is all.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:23 pm

feels like a high scorer to me, and I am always wrong, so I would go with the under
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Eddie P » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:41 pm

Tampa will win this one! Take any bets you can with La Radiers giving Tampa 4 points or more. Do it!!! Trust me. This Tampa defense gives passing teams fits. They've done it against "good" St. Louis teams, they can do it to the Raiders. Bucs by 4 points!!

Trust me.

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 01-24-2003).]

Postby boulevard bum » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:37 am

I'd go with Tampa too. That defense is just too tough. I thought the Eagles were the favorite and Tampa killed them. Tennessee was one busted up team. They would have had a much better showing if they hadn't had so many injuries. That was an easy win for Oakland. I hate to admit it but Donald Mitchell of the Titans that played at SMU was getting beat by Porter on every play. The Titan secondary was terrible. The Bucs secondary will not be so terrible. It doesn't take much of an offense to win with such a great defense. With Brad Johnson healthy they've got a good enough offense to win. Joe Jurivicious(forgive me for spelling) is a very underrated WR. Keenan McKardell could play well. He is inconsistent. Keyshawn is excellent. With a decent offense they are good enough to win because the defense will keep the Raiders offense off the field.
boulevard bum
Junior Varsity

Postby ProudPonyPa » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:09 am

Our neighbor two doors down is a Tampa Bay Buccanneer - Carl Williams #86. We have to go for Tampa Bay!! Actually, his mom lives there, but he visits in the off season.

Go Bucs! (Although I think that Oak's pass offense is going to tear them up)
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:54 pm

People! You don't give enough credit to the Buc's pass offense and the Raider's secondary. I see lots of passing=lots of turnovers Image Should be fun to watch.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Juice » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:13 pm

Defense wins championships.

Bucs over the Raiders.
Juice
Scout Team

Return to Football