PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

World Champs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

World Champs

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:20 am

Tampa Bay are now the World Champions of the World!! what has this world come to?!

------------------
Home of the 1935 National Champions! the SMU Mustangs!
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: World Champs

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:26 am

LoL...GO BUCS! What an impressive win. Wasn't the greatest game if you were neutral, but Bucs fans sure were havin fun Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby DTown » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:35 am

sorry...but what the heck is all this "WORLD CHAMPS" stuff! alright "national champs"...yes, but considering we are only playing US teams, the WORLD title seems a little ridiculous...and yes the game wasnt too exciting if you were neutral
DTown

Postby ProudPonyPa » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:53 am

3 interceptions for touchdowns
1 blocked punt for touchdown
fumbled field goal snap (reminiscient of the Dolphins debacle)
Terrible calls from the refs (the fumble, the 2 point conversion, and even who was the home team!)

C'mon, it was fairly exciting. The Raiders almost made a game of it in the 4th until the two int's.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:13 am

The Raiders were never close. They weren't in the game mentally. I personally enjoyed it because I've been a Bucs fan all my life. I'm not sure what you mean about the Refs, other than the 2 point conversion debacle. I don't know why forcing someone out of bounds isn't reviewable, but well, that's the NFL for you. The WORLD CHAMPS thing doesn't make sense now, but if you think about it, 30+ years ago when the Super Bowl was created, the AFL and th NFL were the only huge football leagues. There were no European or Canadian leagues to be taken seriously. Any decent NFL team would still pound the bageezus out of a CFL team anyhow, so they are pretty much world champs, even if it is an American sport Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football