PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ticket contract

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ticket contract

Postby StangEsq » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SMUguy:
<B>I hate everything about the Ticket except the football games.

But the fact is that it's the biggest radio in the metroplex that occasionally talks sports. What kills me is that we pay the station to broadcast our games, yet we can't get their moron hosts to stop talking trash about us.

When we're winning a lot in a couple of years, those same idiots who rip us now are going to be riding the bandwagon and saying they've supported us all along. What a bunch of no-talent hypocrites.

Other than Saturday afternoons in the fall, I urge all PonyFans to NEVER listen to the Ticket, and to avoid all businesses that sponsor the station, until the hosts change their ways.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They talk trash about us because we've deserved it. No matter how much we hate it, we've been the laughingstock of Texas football for the past decade and a half. The fact that our losing is a result of penalties imposed by the NCAA for rules violations doesn't help our case. Until we start winning, NO ONE is going to have anything good to say about the football program -- I don't care what station we're on.

If all SMU fans stopped listening to the ticket, the result would be that our games would get no ratings, and the games would move to some spare station like KSKY.

Station signal issues aside, at least the play-by-play guy for our games on The Ticket is enthusiastic about our games and makes them fun to listen to; and the fact that we're on a popular station means that many people who aren't SMU fans will listen to the games just because they're on that station.

Even if every host on the ticket talks positively about the team, it's not going to help put butts in the seats if we're losing 10 games a year. On the other hand, when we start winning, The Ticket will be a tremendous asset in building fan support.

[This message has been edited by StangEsq (edited 01-30-2003).]
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:19 pm

Half of SMU students rip their own team so who cares. My suitemates loved the Ticket...their kind of humor I guess, and they loved the SMU-bashing. Guess we just have to start winning because you know how much of a bandwagon riding town Dallas is.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby DallasDiehard » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:30 pm

SMUguy's right. If we win, the Ticketeers will act as if they've been SMU fans all along. They're a joke. The only good thing about the station is when they broadcast games.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:13 pm

At least you can pick up the games - sometimes - in Dallas. Here in Houston, there's not a single broadcast operation that carries my beloved Mustangs! And, unfortunately, my computer is so outdated it doesn't get streaming audio....

Guess that means I'll have to make a few more trips to Big D this fall to catch the games IN PERSON!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby StangEsq » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MrMustang1965:
<B>At least you can pick up the games - sometimes - in Dallas. Here in Houston, there's not a single broadcast operation that carries my beloved Mustangs! And, unfortunately, my computer is so outdated it doesn't get streaming audio....

Guess that means I'll have to make a few more trips to Big D this fall to catch the games IN PERSON!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Catch them on the internet if you have access... <A HREF="http://www.theticket.com" TARGET=_blank>www.theticket.com</A>
StangEsq
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football