PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Drops USF For SHSU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor Drops USF For SHSU

Postby Stallion » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:03 pm

I know I was assured right here on this board that the schedules were final for next year's FB games. Apparently, no one told Baylor who dropped the University of South Florida-new member of CUSA-for Sam Houston St University. How pathetic!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Baylor Drops USF For SHSU

Postby Nacho » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:12 pm

C'mon Stallion, they need one win.
Nacho

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:19 pm

Hold on you guys! I'm a grad of SHSU. I'll bet you a burger at Snookie's that SHSU will BEAT Baylor! Bring on the Bears...the Bearkats are ready!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby gostangs » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:20 pm

Good move for them - they have to start showing some progress in the W/L column or they will never compete on signing day - and if they don't compete on signing day they will never get better- a problem we will have next year is convincing everyone things are getting better and building excitement when we have a very tough OC schedule. IMO we could use one easier game on our schedule just to show some mo - and so the neutral fan base does not lose interest before October - as they have for ten years.
gostangs

Postby OldPony » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:16 pm

We need butts in seats almost as badly as wins. Remeber that average attendance will be important factors to SMU for the next few years. Beating SHSU doesn't do that. Playing competitvely with TT or Baylor or KU etc does and then you at least have a BCS win if you can pull it off. You get no points nor crowds nor standing by beating the least among us.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Mickey » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:04 am

Stallion, Just for the record,you were assured SMU's schedule was final, not another school's schedule.

[This message has been edited by Mickey (edited 02-05-2003).]
Mickey
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:40 pm

Baylor is so bad - they've never even really been decent.

It's amazing, the way some people talk about Baylor it's almost like they've been able to win games in the past without throwing a forward pass...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby StangStud05 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:41 pm

All I know is that Baylor better not come into the game to confident because Sam Houston has a good program and sent two players to the NFL last year.
StangStud05

Return to Football