PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Question for Stallion

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor Question for Stallion

Postby M Street Stang » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:52 pm

Did you see in the DMNews yesterday about Baylor losing up to 20 football players to academics? This just doesn't sound right to me...that is an entire class. What do you think is going on down there? Can we beat them next year? To me, this is potentially a dangerous game for us, because if we can't beat the worst team in the Big 12, that does not bode well for our future.
M Street Stang
Scout Team

Re: Baylor Question for Stallion

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:03 pm

I saw an interview last night with Baylor coach and he said he's concerned about several players, and "thinks he can save" most of them — but not all of them. Any idea who the players are?
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Sic_em » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:20 am

Most of the players are JUCOs that Kevin Steele signed over the past two years. It is expected that most will do what they need to do in the classroom to be eligible this fall, but a few won't make it. 3 players (none starters) have already transferred to other schools and one player is trying to regain eligibility for the fall at a Texas JUCO.
Sic_em
Junior Varsity

Postby TCU_backer » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:20 pm

New football coach Guy Morriss said Friday that the Bears could lose as many as 20 players for the coming season because of academic troubles.

Morriss, speaking at an alumni function in Dallas, said linebacker John Garrett is among those who may be in jeopardy. He also said the defensive back and wide receiver positions could be hit hard.
####
I really don't think you have to worry about Baylor. There Baylor.

Go Frogs and Ponies!
TCU_backer

Return to Football