PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Football preview

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Football preview

Postby PonyFan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:45 pm

Check out the (brief) football column I found on CBSsportsline.com:

<A HREF="http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/teamrpt/0,1601,6177107_56,00.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/teamrpt/0,1601,6177107_56,00.html</A>
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Re: Football preview

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:49 pm

Not bad. Except that SMU is *NOT* in Highland Park!!!!??? (SMU is actually in University Park last time I looked at the city limit boundaries!) Geez...who wrote that? See...there's your problem! SMU should be considered DALLAS' COLLEGE TEAM! Is there another university in Dallas that fields a football team? No. SMU's marketing folks need to sell Dallas on 'ownership' of SMU!

Nice comments, though, about the team and the 2003 season...even though brief.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Sonic » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:52 pm

Mr. Mustang1965,

I think you are getting your feathers ruffled for no reason, RELAX. I think you are trying to find something wrong to complain about. Things are going well on the Hilltop and the article clearly points that out. Let's be happy for the good press and get excited about next season.

Go Mustangs!
Sonic
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:00 pm

Sonic: I guess it's just my ol' journalism background coming out. I hate it when the 'facts' aren't right. My college journalism professor just pounded that away on us. And having grown up in Dallas, University Park and Highland Park ('75 grad) and being the son of two SMU grads, I have pride when it comes to my Mustangs! Image

Yeah, I'm happy about the publicity. VERY happy! GO MUSTANGS!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby The Q » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:25 pm

If the school was in HP, it wouldn't have been such a big deal when cocktails were allowed on The Boulevard. UP (allegedly) is dry.
The Q
Varsity

Return to Football