PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

El Paso Redundance

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

El Paso Redundance

Postby Grider » Wed Sep 06, 2000 10:47 pm

Something just struck me, and I might be showing my ignorance here, but shouldn't UTEP be in Dallas this year, seeing as how we made the trip to old El Paso last year?? Set me straight folks.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Re: El Paso Redundance

Postby MustangMatt » Thu Sep 07, 2000 2:16 am

Comon Grider,
You have been spending too much time at social events, such as California, celebrity parties and weddings.

The reason we are playing UTEP away, again, is because they are playing Hawaii away, and due to scheduling problems, they cannot afford to travel here and they have to have a certain amount of home games. It has to do with one or both of those subjects.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Re: El Paso Redundance

Postby FWMustang » Thu Sep 07, 2000 10:38 am

It also has to do with adding Nevada to the conference schedule. I also think with SMU and TCU in such close proximity, they try to alternate coming to this area.
Go RED! Go BLUE! Go MUSTANGS! S-M-U!!
FWMustang
Varsity

Return to Football