PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How is Kris Briggs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How is Kris Briggs

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri Sep 08, 2000 11:26 am

Does anyone know anything regarding the health of Kris Briggs? Will he be starting at rb>

Also, what kind of game coverage can we expect to see?

Thanks in ahead!
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: How is Kris Briggs

Postby GrapevineMustang » Fri Sep 08, 2000 2:06 pm

Cavan has been saying all along that Briggs' hip will never get better. But Briggs said after the Kansas game that his hip is fine. He said he'd been reading about how much practice he's missed (mostly in quotes from Cavan), but he said he only sat out a couple of days. He said that with good treatment, the injury is bearable.

Jason Pipkins is starting at UTEP, but don't be fooled. Briggs is going to play, and he's the Mustangs' best running back. I may be wrong, but I think starting Pipkins is a tribute to all the hard work and enthusiastic attitude he's shown ever since he's been at SMU. But you can expect Briggs to get most of the carries.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby THE ROCK » Fri Sep 08, 2000 3:28 pm

THE ROCK SAYS...

I FOR ONE LOVE OUR TWO, UH, THREE PRONGED ATTACK. I THINK EACH ONE OF THESE RUNNINGBACKS BRING SOMETHING NEW TO THIS OFFENSE. JUST WHEN AN OPPOSING DEFENSE GETS USED TO ONE STYLE OF RUNNING, WE HIT THEM WITH AN ENTIRELY NEW STYLE. ALSO, IF BRIGG'S STRAIGHT AHEAD RUNNING STYLE IS NOT EFFECTIVE AGAINST SOMEONE, THEN WE CAN USE PIPKINS OR KINCAID, AND VICE VERSA.!

------------------
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
THE ROCK
Scout Team

Postby MustangMom » Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:37 pm

I did not realize that Kris Briggs had a hip problem. He sure didn't play like he had one - he played one heck of a game last Saturday. My hat is off , to this mentally and physically tough Mustang.
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri Sep 08, 2000 11:37 pm

I am sure he will be fine. He is a tough man
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football