PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BENNETT IS THE GREATEST

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

BENNETT IS THE GREATEST

Postby Fast Eddie » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:59 pm

I just heard our great coach on the radio and I am so pumped up, I'm ready to explode into next season. He told the world that he is ready to take on any team in texas but evidently those "mighty" Aggies and horns are too scared to put us on their incredible schedules which now have the might east louisiana's of the world, etc. Phil is the greatest and I have truly never heard a more inspiring coach on the radio, EVER. Go PONIES!
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Re: BENNETT IS THE GREATEST

Postby Fast Eddie » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:17 pm

This is why we will be bcs in two years!

[This message has been edited by Fast Eddie (edited 03-01-2003).]
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby Fast Eddie » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:21 pm

Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby Stallion » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:27 pm

....that's some serious man/love you got going on for Bennett. I think he's got a girlfriend. BTW we have about as much chance to play in the Super Bowl as we do to play in a BCS Bowl in 3 years.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Fast Eddie » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:32 pm

Have you heard him talk about the schedule next year and recruiting, etc. The guy is so pumped up; you can have franchione, spurrier, etc. Bennett is more inspiring than all of them put together. We're really a few recruits and an undefeated schedule (vs. numerous bowl opponents) away from being in a bcs bowl. It can happen in a few years. I believe.
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby ponyman » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:14 pm

O.K. you guys, just to keep your feet on the ground, don't forget that Bennett predicted that we would win the WAC last year. Admittedly, he is a great recruiter. As a head coach, he is an unknown quantity.
ponyman
Recruit

Postby Fast Eddie » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:11 pm

Recruiting is 3/4 of the game and he's been around a lot of great coaches. He has the ability to lead them up the mountain.
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby EP Pony Fan » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:56 pm

As I recall, he didn't predict we WOULD win the WAC, but said he expected to, and there's no reason we couldn't. There's a big difference. Coach Bennett is eternally optimistic. But he ain't stupid enough to make a statement that bold. I'm glad he expects to win every time he sets the Ponies out on the field. I'm also glad to know he realizes what it takes to build a winner. Optimism can be very contagious, and it sounds like for SMU football, it starts at the top.
EP Pony Fan
Varsity

Postby Fast Eddie » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:46 pm

Amen to that. Does Bennett have a coach's show shown on fox sports network during the year?
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby EastStang » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:16 am

I was talking to a K State alum I ran into last night, and he was gushing about Bennett. The more I see and hear the better I feel about him. I think we can win the WAC in the next four years. We need a few more recruiting classes like this one. I also think that Bartels will have a breakout year this year if he doesn't get hurt with Cunningham to throw to. Add Kincaid, Massey, and Charles in you have a balanced attack. The ? will be the defense. If they can play well, then we might surprise some people this year.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Fast Eddie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:38 pm

I'm telling, Bennett is the MAN. He will lead us to bcs glory. Trust me on this; let's giddyup and ride!
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:47 pm

BTW,

Bennett did say, on more than one occasion, that his expectation was to win the WAC last year.

When questioned about whether we'd win the WAC this year, he backed off his position from last season, but he then said his philosophy was to apprach every game with the expectation that we would win.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Fast Eddie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:52 pm

He's got me excited and it's only March.
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Return to Football