PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fast Eddie

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Fast Eddie

Postby MustangKurt20 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:08 pm

Dude...you need to relax...Your excitement is great, but it borders on the ludicrous. No, let me recant that, it is ludicrous. Stop trying to get excited over the smallest radio promo Coach Bennett does....creating excitement is part of his job...one which he does very well and I enjoy hearing him speak as well, but you have to remember our circumstances.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Re: Fast Eddie

Postby EastStang » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:20 pm

Breath deep Grasshopper, now let the air out slowly.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:44 pm

Hey guys, give Fast Eddie a break....after all, the posts on these kind of boards are all just people expressing their opinions. Some times they are based on facts (real and imagined) and some times just on faith. I kind of like the folks who have the faith...(damn the reality)! GO MUSTANGS!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:59 pm

Agreed. I would HATE to see this board turn into something similar to <A HREF="http://www.baylorfans.com." TARGET=_blank>www.baylorfans.com.</A> Man, those folks are BRUTAL!

Enthusiasm is what we need at SMU!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Fast Eddie » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:18 pm

First of all, I have followed Phil Bennett for a long time and secondly I heard him for about 20 minutes or so being interviewed on a sports talk show. It wasn't a promo and they weren't rehearsed q and a. Also, I like all types of opinions and the ponies are of course going to have to show their stuff between the lines but I can sincerely tell you after 30 years of following college football I have never heard a more inspirational interview!
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MrMustang1965:
<B>Enthusiasm is what we need at SMU!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

[This message has been edited by UNFMustang06 (edited 03-01-2003).]
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Fast Eddie » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:47 pm

I think we can easily guarantee that our winning records will be greater than both A&M
's and Tech's during the rest of Bennett's tenure!
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby Stallion » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:00 am

come back and see us after SMU travels to Lubbock to open the season. BTW all those who think we have a chance in that game should know that TECH loaded up with about 8 JCs rated from 3-5 stars. I know they got 1 5 star and I think the rest are all 4 star except for 2 3 star players. Looks like they've done a good job of attempting to patch any holes they might have going into the season with some top JCs
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Fast Eddie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:24 am

Tech however never plays well when they are predicted to play well. For some reason they are able to smack the aggies and then blow the next one to an incredibly inferior opponent.
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby MustangKurt20 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:41 am

It would take a monumental effort to beat Tech, but I think we have a shot at that game. I'm anxious to see how well they do w/o Kingsbury flinging the ball everywhere. Who's their starter next year that BJ something or another? I remember he was fairly highly touted when he signed w/ Tech. It would certainly set the tone for the rest of the season if we could knock them off in Lubbock.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby Fast Eddie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:40 pm

Tech will be nothing with Kingsbury. Tech seems to always lost to north texas. Well, now the 'stangs are going to be their achilles heel.
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby Lefty » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:07 pm

Personally I think losing Flugence will hurt Tech's defense more than Kingsbury will hurt their offense. Symons (or whatever the backup QB's name is) isn't that bad. He's no Kingsbury, but he's not without talent.
Lefty
All-American

Postby Fast Eddie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:41 pm

I hope he has enough talent to keep on defeating the aggies.
Fast Eddie
Recruit

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:44 pm

Don't forget WR Welker for the TT Raiders. He'll be a force to be reckoned with.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!

[This message has been edited by MrMustang1965 (edited 03-03-2003).]
MrMustang1965

Postby MustangFan » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:46 pm

I thought Welker was a WR, not a TE.
And didn't he also graduate?
MustangFan
All-American

Next

Return to Football