PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Donald Mitchell

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Donald Mitchell

Postby SMUguy » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:37 am

This came from Jeff Legwold, a writer who covers the Tennessee Titans for some paper. I found it in The Sporting News:

"The Titans also will work to bring back CB Donald Mitchell, who was practically a starter last season because the team faced so many three-wide receiver sets. The coaching staff has some concern that Mitchell wore down as the season progressed, but he is a valuable player in the team's system and on special teams."
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Re: Donald Mitchell

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:34 pm

Tennessee is nuts if they get rid of Mitchell. He fills so many roles for them on defense and special teams. And he always seems to be the one who comes up with the ball on big fumbles. Right place, right time kind of guy.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Fresh » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:09 pm

I'd be very surprised to see the Titans let DMitch go. Jeff Fisher (coach) is a former DB, and he loves him. He'll see to it that they get it done.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby D » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:14 pm

We had a presentation by the head of operations and contract negotiations for the Titans the other day. Unprompted, he mentioned that Donald Mitchell was one of the two top players they hoped to get resigned during the offseason. I thought that was pretty cool considering all the players they have. He said things are progressing well and that he hoped to get him resigned soon.
Donald really seems to fill a lot of the Titan's needs and should get more and more PT (although he seems to play all the time anyway). It has been fun to watch him make big plays in Tennessee and I hope he does well for many years to come.
D
Varsity

Return to Football