PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Last Weekend's Recruiting

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Last Weekend's Recruiting

Postby Dairy Crampus » Sat Sep 09, 2000 12:20 pm

We had an interesting and unexpected insight into the program Saturday afternoon. All the faithful - take heart - it’s clear that the quality coaching staff and the new facilities are going to bring in more great athletes in the future.

After Cary Pierce finished up we walked over to see the All Sports Center before kickoff. Somehow we got caught up in the group of recruits and their parents going down the circular stairs to the player’s meeting room and just happened to get a nice tour of the facilities. We just kept walking along with the group, there wasn’t really any opportunity to stop after we realized what was going on - even Caven chatted with us for a moment – although he did look a little perplexed at my 5’-9” 160lb 15 year old soccer player (also the JV kicker at a 5A school here in Houston though!). We only started to feel a little guilty when we realized we needed green wrist bands and kept our hands in our pockets... Being down on the field was great and the highlight film with music chosen by the players was first class. Gary Hyatt and other staff members did an excellent job entertaining the recruits and their families. Anybody know what recruits were there? Looked to be about 15 – 20 kids.

Whoop utep!
Dairy Crampus
Junior Varsity

Re: Last Weekend's Recruiting

Postby ALL4SMU » Sat Sep 09, 2000 12:51 pm

Good post Crampus! What school in H-town do you go to?

They do run in excellent show on game day, and I would imagine that last Saturday's was the best one yet, all things considered. You lucky dog, I envy you for being able to do it...Was it awesome?
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football