PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Texas Tech QB

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Texas Tech QB

Postby Stallion » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:07 pm

...for those of you who think that Tech's offense will just fall apart now that Kingsbury has graduated-here are some sobering thoughts. His repacement B.J Symonds was 28 for 43 for approximately a 65% completion average and threw for 329 yards and 5 TDs-he's been the primary backup in Leach's system for several years and in fact was much more highly recruited than Kingbury including interest by SMU. Of course, he is going to have to prove he can put up those types of numbers in a starters role but he appears capable. Tech also loaded up with one of the Top 5 or so JC hauls with about 8 JC Transfers, all from 3-5 stars that should help them fill any gaps from graduation. Its going to be a much tougher chore than most of you think to ask this team to go into Lubbock and beat Tech which is something that Dicker-James and one of the greatest squads in SMU history just barely accomplished in their career. I'd say SMU will be about a 17-20 point underdog in this one.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Texas Tech QB

Postby MustangKurt20 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:33 pm

I think we'll definetely cover that spread if indeed that's what it ends up being. Winning the game on the other hand could be something entirely different.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:34 pm

Symonds looked very good against Clemson in TTech's bowl game last year. It will take nothing short of a miracle for SMU to win that opener, especially after we played them so tough last year. We will not be taken lightly.
Charleston Pony

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:00 am

...and don't forget Welker. A true threat!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby roddog » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:17 pm

tech is always 2 touchdowns better at home, smu did play tech tough last year but this game wont be within 3 touchdowns
roddog

Postby Jim Rome » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:25 pm

I'm guessing roddog has black and red gear all over the place? Gotta be a techie.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Return to Football