PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Geez--NINE SACKS!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Geez--NINE SACKS!

Postby Stallion » Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:44 pm

that's not pretty-Its going to be awhile as in at least another year before we solve the problems in the OLM but trying to be positive did you see the stars of the game-Don Stansbury, Allan Adami, Melvin Williams, Clay Glockin, Darrin Johnson, Chris Godfrey, Matt Rushbrook and Alvin Nnbuifie-hmmm those were the exact same guys mentioned by Faucette as leaders in the Strength and Conditioning drills. Finally, pretty impressive outing by Matt Rushbrook -7 catches for 110 yards plus 2 30 yard TD receptions.-hopefully we've scored big on that position change-we could use our own Wes Welker.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 03-30-2003).]

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Geez--NINE SACKS!

Postby Lotus » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:30 pm

Very nice comparison - Rushbrook and Welker are similar in size (I think), speed and fearlessness. If Rushbrook turns into a Welker clone, I think we'll all be pretty happy.
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby SMUguy » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:20 pm

Somehow I get the feeling Clay Glockzin is going to turn some heads this year, much like Allan Adami did last year.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:49 pm

Normally, the defense starts quicker than the offense in both spring drills and in the fall. If, in the final spring season scrimmage, we give up 9 sacks, then I will be more concerned. I guess the stat sheet indicates that Darrin Johnson played the majority of the game on the defensive side? Who on the line looked bad, or was it more scheme breakdown?
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:54 pm

I guess we shouldn't be that suprised about Rushbrook's performance at WR. The roster on smmustangs.com says that in high school he played safety, WR and punter. At WR he was All-District 1-5A had 100 receptions for 1,830 and 32 TDs.

Those are some gaudy stats!!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Return to Football