PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Aggies...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Aggies...

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:30 pm

While it was great to see the turnout for the Mustangs spring game, I find it unbelieveable that on the same day the Texas Aggies drew over 41,000 (!!!!) to Kyle Field to see their maroon v. white spring game! Of course, there is a pretty large alumni/fan base for TAMU. But wouldn't it be great to see that many fans show up in Ford Stadium for a spring game...and for a regular season game, too!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Aggies...

Postby Buddha » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:37 pm

The Morning Nooze said OU drew 40,000-plus, too.
Buddha
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:27 am

My Lord!! and I thought SMU had a lot of people out there! Well I mean for a Spring Game I thought it was a lot of people lol God!!! This sucks!

------------------
The Red And Blue Is Back! Let the Pony Pride Ride On The Hilltop!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby D » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:30 pm

Any estimates on how many fans we had show up for the scrimmage? In my opinion, 1000 would be a great showing especially considering our history of attendence at these events. I remember when I was there and we had no more than 100 people at the spring game. Granted we were coming off of a 1-10 season, but attendence never was much more than 300 to 500 even in the best years.
D
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:31 pm

With the new recruits, their families, students and alumni in attendance last Saturday, I'd estimate it was close to 1,000 in Ford Stadium. Of course, there wasn't any advance publicity about the game that I know of...other than on these message boards and on the 'official' SMU Web site. Was there any other advance PR in the Dallas area? (I guess the DMN's Rick Alonzo did some stories.)

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Return to Football