PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Getting stronger

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Getting stronger

Postby Otto » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:31 pm

I know Coach Faucette doesn't believe strength numbers until he sees a player lift a certain weight. But did ya'll see the arms on Richuel Massey on the sideline at the scrimmage? I've seen a lot of high school football players, and I've never seen guns like that on a high school kid.
Now let's see him run.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Re: Getting stronger

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:45 am

Saw a BUNCH of recruits at the game.

Massey looks like a boulder. Chisled. I don't know if it was just me, but it looked like his broken leg was still a bit sore. He and KK looked like they've already established some good rapport.

Caleb Peveto looks a lot bigger than he does in the recruiting page photo. He was walking around with Justin Boren, who has also been pumping iron.

Brandon Bonds is huge. If he grows into that frame, he's going to look a lot like his brother.

Reynaldo Pellerin was also there. Tall receiver. I believe he could be all of the 6'3" reported in the Recruiting Roundup. Maybe not as tall as Jay Talor, but a more physical build.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: Getting stronger

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:01 pm

I didn't see the name tag, but I think I also saw Burley. He could grow into one heck of a tackle.

It's hard to speculate what these kids are going to grow into in the next few years under Chuck Faucette's tutelage, but you look when you at the raw materials.... Whew!!

And I don't think I've ever met a nicer group of young men.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Return to Football