PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New \"RealGrass\" at Ford?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New \"RealGrass\" at Ford?

Postby MustangKurt20 » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:12 pm

There have been several posts about the possiblility of installing the artificial "RealGrass" at Ford, but I've yet to hear any confirmation from the Ath. Dept. concerning this. I also am a student at SMU and I took a peak at the stadium today and saw the grass there. First, is it FOR SURE that this is going to happen and Second, when will it be ready for use?

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Re: New \"RealGrass\" at Ford?

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:26 pm

I don't know if it's true, but I have heard that it's extremely likely. Close to a done deal...
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby The CPC » Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:06 am

CPC did a flybye today, too. No sign of excavations inside the stadium. The real grass on the practice field looked good, though. Better than its looked in months, in fact.

If its going to be ready in time for the camps this summer, dont they need to get started pretty soon?
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:32 am

I talked to a couple of the groundskeepers a few weeks ago. They said the new turf was going to be installed after spring ball, so I imagine that means any time now.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangKurt20 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:14 pm

I'll ask a few of my football playing friends what they know about it and get back to everyone later.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:56 pm

I'm glad they are putting it in! (if it is as safe as grass, like people have said) At the end of the season this year the grass we almost totally dead in the middle of the field. It looked horrible!! Every play made a dust storm. And I can tell you for sure there was no grass, I'm in the band. I was on it.

And, the guy in charge of it is a jerk.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football