PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tech

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tech

Postby Nacho » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:06 pm

When do individual tickets to Tech and Baylor go on sale?

Tech apparently has a very weak secondary this year. Bartel should light them up.

Baylor is ours.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tech

Postby MustangKurt20 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:14 pm

I'm not sure anyone is "ours". I think we beat Baylor but even Tech's secondary, depleted as it may be, will still have some good athletes. I think we have a shot at them however.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:29 pm

we'll see but they have 1 4 star JC CB and 2 other 3 star JC DBs coming in to close that hole.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby AusTxPony » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:30 pm

I will go to the Baylor game. How is the best way to buy tickets so I am sitting with Mustangs and not the Bears? Any info appreciated.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby ClassOf81 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:42 pm

SMU ticket office (214-SMU-GAME) might be able to hook you up.
Or maybe go through the Mustang Club?
Can't imagine Baylor would sell out - so maybe we can move around within the stadium.

Need to get a STRONG SMU PRESENCE down there. Lots of people wearing red & blue. Do they allow beer at their tailgating? Do they even allow tailgating?
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:46 pm

The Bad News: its not the most scenic place to tailgate unless they've made alot of Capital Improvements. Floyd Casey is away from campus and much of the parking lot is unpaved or at least was unpaved. The Good News is that its a short drive and you can get there in an hour and a half so no need to "party" in Waco.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 04-22-2003).]
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby ClassOf81 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:02 pm

I'd think just being in Waco would kill any sense of "partying." What an unbelievably boring place. Hopefully we'll come out of Waco with a win, which will make the trip more than worthwhile.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Thumper » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:35 pm

Does Tech still have those big fast WRs? I remember KG and Jonas had their hands full with those guys, even with Kingsbury having an admittedly "off-day" last year. I'm hopeful that Moodley and Humphrey will have good years, but thoer receivers can present headaches to opposing defenses.

Are they still around? Hopefully they graduated.
Thumper
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:37 pm

Im finally gettin to go to an away game yay! haha we really do need to all sit together all mustang fans Im sure there will be plenty of room I mean it is BAYLOR!

------------------
The Red And Blue Is Back! Let the Pony Pride Ride On The Hilltop!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:52 pm

Tech is loaded at WR-maybe deeper than any team in the country-off the top of my head they got at least Carlos Francis, Wes Welker, Nemiah Glover, Thomas Bachman, Arman Dorrough, and a top threat threat out of the backfield Taureen Henderson. Most if not all had over 30 catches last year.

Stallion

Postby Corso » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:06 pm

At least Anton Paige (6-5, 205) is gone. That guy was a nightmare for defenses (even though he didn't have a huge game against us last year -- thanks to KG.)
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:55 pm

yeah and what makes that even scarier is that Paige was their SIXTH leading receiver. Henderson(98 catches), Welker(86), Mickey Peters (64), Glover (52), Francis (50), Munlin (25) and several young highly recruited kids like Bachman and Dorrough in the wings. Heck their FOURTH and FIFTH leading WRs combined for 17 TDs between them.

Stallion

Postby PonyFan » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:13 pm

Hope Jonas and his guys are ready. If Symons can play at all, it could be a shootout. But I feel a lot more confident this year, after seeing Bartel in the spring. Scrimmages and practices, I realize, but he looked good!
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:30 pm

don't get your hopes too far up Symons can't play. Every indication is that he is very comfortable in that offense. During 3 spring practices he was 45 of 72(62%) for 643 yards and 7 TDs. Last year as a backup he was 28 of 43(65.1%)for 329 yards and 5 TDs.

Stallion

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:37 pm

Symons breathes that offense. He has the potential to be better than Kingsbury. I say we're screwed...but Baylor looks hopeful Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football