PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bartel stuff

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bartel stuff

Postby mustangsnake » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:51 pm

check it:
<A HREF="http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlc=984903" TARGET=_blank>http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlc=984903</A>
mustangsnake
Recruit

Re: Bartel stuff

Postby giacfsp » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:03 pm

Nice article, especially the word "Fomer" in the headline.

I liked Bennett's comment that Bartel's arm is as strong as any in the nation. But his increased comfort level will prove to be his biggest asset this year, I would think. All the physical tools in the world won't help until the offense is second-nature to the QB. He's up for a big year.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby AusTxPony » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:23 pm

"He's up for a big year", from your lips to god's ear! If the defense gels, I say we win 6-7.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangKurt20 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:30 pm

Its possible...but we're gonna need some serious improvement in the offensive line if we're gonna get Richard time to throw the damn thing. Things are gonna be better next year even if the record isn't much better.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyFan » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:37 pm

Kurt is absolutely right. I was encouraged last year, when I think the offensive line performed better than many of us expected. But this spring, the line was a major red flag in my eyes. Adami was hurt (some of the time), Darrin Johnson was new to the DT spot, Croy is gone, and the DTs still crashed through the offensive line way too often for my taste. Can we expect improvement from the returning linemen in the fall, or will freshmen have to play? Or are our DTs suddenly that good?
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Football