PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ponies in the draft - 2004

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ponies in the draft - 2004

Postby Ikus » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:27 pm

I count 9 seniors on this year's roster: Brian Bischoff, Sterling Harris, Trent Hrncir, Jarrian James, D.D. Johnson, Keylon Kincade, Ruben Moodley, Steve Reindl and Jonas Rutledge. (Leroy Price would have been a senior, but I gather he's left the team.)

Of those players, I'd say Jonas will get drafted, and believe it or not, I'm hearing there's a chance Sterling might, too. Coach Cavan once called Moodley "the most draftable player on the team" but I assume he would have to have a monster 2003 season to have a shot. Anyone else?

With a good 2003, could any of the others earn a free-agent tryout?
Ikus
Heisman

Re: Ponies in the draft - 2004

Postby Dark Horse » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:56 pm

Jonas in the 3rd round.
Sterling in the 7th.
Kincade free agent.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby OldPony » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:24 pm

Moodley? Was Bennett smoking at the time? Moodley hasn't proven he can be an adequate college player. I don't care what physical attributes the guy might have. If he gets drafted then Bennett should be fired and Cavan should be hung becuase they obviously couldn't coach him.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Ikus » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:05 pm

Hold on there, OP. Cavan said that at the end of Moodley's freshman season, when you might recall he played corner, and actually showed some flashes. Should Cavan be blamed for the move to safety? Yes. When Coach Bennett inherited the team, Moodley was a safety, and to be fair, Coach Bennett hadn't seen enough of the team to know everything about every player. Will he be a good corner again this year? Who knows?

But to say Bennett should be fired for not coaching Moodley is ridiculous (and I assume you were kidding, of course.) If you recall, Coach Bennett coached the hell out of him last year when he was trying to coax a good performance out of him at the safety spot. He also realized what he had, and has since moved Moodley back to the corner. I'm interested to see how that works out.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Mickey » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:29 am

Ikus, you forgot Chris Cunningham from your senior list.
Mickey
All-American

Return to Football