PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

N.C. State contest

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

N.C. State contest

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:28 am

Ok, well since nobody even picked UTEP as a winner, nobody won the PonyFans.com contest last week...

But here we go again...

Whoever can most accurately predict the final score, wins a free PonyFans.com golf shirt!

Best of luck

Re: N.C. State contest

Postby jettison » Tue Sep 12, 2000 11:33 am

1 2 3 4 F
SMU 14 6 7 13 40
NCState 9 8 10 7 34

As you can see, it will be close all the way through. I think it will be an offensive game, but a costly interception by the young Wolfpack quarterback, which is returned for a touchdown by (gasp!) Brent Briggs will seal the deal.

Hey, I hoping the defensive backs can be heroes for at least one night. So, why not root for the underdog.

Yes, that's right: SMU 40, NC State 34.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby TWU1890 » Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:36 pm

Realistically I think that NC State has the advantage if we go to a shoot out. They have a more expolosive and quicker offense than the we do. So if it goes into a shoot out NC State will win hands downs. However I have enough faith in the coordinators to believe they have noticed that UTEP's ball control slowed our explosive offensive enough to prevent us from winning before time expired. So having faith in our Mustangs I feel we can control the ball enough to slow down NC State but mix things up enough to convert the third downs. So if SMU does a better job of utilizing the TEs and RBs early, enabling the wide outs (WRs) to get open easier I predict a Mustang win. A hard fought win.

SMU 28
NC State 24

MUSTANGS WIN
TWU1890

Postby SMUPonyFan » Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:52 pm

I am predicting an SMU loss.

NCState 38
SMU 24
I sure hope I am wrong.
Read my post about NC state game for more details.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Jason » Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:06 pm

NC State is better than UTEP, but since we are the underdog, we are a little more prepared offensively...

NC State: 38
SMU: 31
Jason
Recruit

Postby Hoo Pack » Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:28 pm

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist entering this little contest. So, here's my prediction:

How 'bout this one:

N.C. State 42
SMU 14

I hope its not a close game like we've had the last 2 weeks, but they have been exciting. Good luck to y'all, and here's hoping we see a good, injury free game on Saturday!
Hoo Pack

Postby D » Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:44 pm

SMU - 31
NCSU - 17

NCSU QB throws 4 picks and proves he really is human. Its got to come some time. Let's hope Rushbrook (our freshman) and the boys are ready for some pick-ems.
D
Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:12 am

SMU 33
N.C. State 31
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby Wu-Pat81 » Thu Sep 14, 2000 9:46 pm

NCSU FAN's Prediction:

<B>NCSU 35</B>
SMU 14

Sorry guys, but I'm a WolfPacker!!!

PS, go here to read more: <A HREF="http://www4.ncsu.edu/~pmnorri2/f0001.html" TARGET=_blank>Wu-Pat's Football Page</A>

Also jsut for fun: <A HREF="http://www4.ncsu.edu/~pmnorri2" TARGET=_blank>[Main Page of Wu-Pat</A>

------------------
<B>NCSU</B>
<B>NCSU</B>
Wu-Pat81

Postby Wolf Paw » Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:34 pm

You pony fans are something else. Leaving off the Wolfpack posts, four of you picked NCSU to win and three picked the Mustangs. We appreciate the respect and hope that we win, but more important that it is a good, hard fought, injury-free game. On our boards, we are so optimistic that almost everyone predicts a win regardless of who we play (well maybe not FSU? Clemson? GA Tech?). What the heck; good luck and Go Pack! Beat SMU!

------------------
"Who is John Galt?" Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

[This message has been edited by Wolf Paw (edited 09-14-2000).]
\"Who is John Galt?\" Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Wolf Paw

Return to Football